Battersea’s eagerly awaited Collars & Coats Gala Ball returns for a seventh year of sensational star studded entertainment.
Battersea Dogs & Cats Home’s annual world-famous Collars & Coats Gala Ball, proudly supported by Henry Wiltshire International, returns with a bang for a seventh year on Thursday 12 November 2015. Taking place at Evolution, an exclusive venue set in the grounds of Battersea Park, this spectacular night of entertainment and glamour brings together the biggest names from stage, screen, sport, and fashion to celebrate and support the animal charity’s vital work caring for lost and abandoned dogs and cats.
The star-studded fundraising ball always attracts a stellar guest list of renowned Battersea friends and supporters including the charity’s Ambassadors Paul O’Grady MBE, David Gandy, Dame Jacqueline Wilson OBE, and Amanda Holden. An electrifying evening of entertainment is in store this year with performances from the show-stopping burlesque troupe Crazy Rouge, internationally renowned classical artist Camilla Kerslake and the undisputed music legend that is Bryan Ferry.
A highlight on the London social calendar, the prestigious evening will open with its unmissable welcome by the Home’s legendary Guard of Honour, a red carpet lined with dozens of Battersea dogs and their handlers. As guests arrive at the Ball they’ll meet dogs of all breeds and sizes that have seen their life turned around in the care of Battersea’s committed staff and volunteers. The Collars & Coats Gala Ball is all about helping Battersea transform even more lives and give hope to thousands of dogs and cats every year. The event will introduce some of the charity’s former residents that have been given a vital lifeline and give supporters a chance to bid for money-can’t buy exclusive auction prizes with the monies raised helping dogs and cats in need.
Claire Horton, Battersea’s Chief Executive says, “Battersea’s Collars & Coats Gala Ball is always a truly incredible event, bringing together our dogs, special guests and high-profile celebrity friends for one night only and this year is set to be the best one yet. We can’t wait to celebrate another tremendous year of our world renowned charity with our esteemed gala ball guests who will definitely have their evening transformed by this incredible entertainment line-up. These unmissable acts and performances mixed with the glitz and glamour of the evening are a perfect combination to celebrate our cool canines which is an opportunity not to be missed out on!
“It costs more than £18m to run Battersea each year, and with no government funding, the Collars & Coats Gala Ball is all about helping to increase awareness of the important work the charity does each and every day of the year to offer a second chance in life to thousands of animals. Last year, thanks to the invaluable donations and support of the public, Battersea were able to care for over 8,000 dogs and cats and help them in their quest to find the best possible new homes.”
Tickets for Collars & Coats Gala ball can be purchased by calling 020 7627 9309 and further information can be seen at collarsandcoats.org.uk . For further information on Battersea Dogs & Cats Home and to pledge donations, please visit battersea.org.uk
About Battersea Dogs & Cats Home:
- Established in 1860, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims never to turn away a dog or cat in need of our help. We reunite lost dogs and cats with their owners through our Lost Dogs & Cats Line or care for them until new homes can be found for them, giving them shelter and the highest standards of kennelling and veterinary care.
- Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
- In 2014 the Home cared for 6,140 dogs and 4,344 cats.
- Battersea cares for an average of 300 dogs and 220 cats across its three centres at any one time.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home receives no central government funding towards the care of its dogs and cats and relies on the generosity and support of the public to help care for lost and abandoned dogs & cats. To make a donation visit our website or call 0870 890 0000.
- For further information on Battersea Dogs & Cats Home please visit www.battersea.org.uk
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @BDCH or facebook.com/Battersea